Are you a structural engineer or engineering manager and are you dealing with fatigue cracking in your structures?
Fatigue life prediction is a common task for engineers. But how do we make sure that we are doing the right thing and not making mistakes?
You will face some difficult questions, like:
- what exactly is fatigue
- do we get fatigue failure
- where does a fatigue failure occur
- when does a fatigue failure occur
- how can fatigue failure be avoided
What you want to know is
- What is causing fatigue
- Which factors are important for fatigue
- How can I control fatigue
- What is the fatigue life of a structure
This is what you get in the course
- The course Introduction to Fatigue will help you to be much more aware of fatigue problems.
- You will learn in three lessons what fatigue is, how structures behave under fatigue loading and which parameters have an effect on that behaviour.
- You will get an introduction to fatigue analysis.