For structural engineers who take their job seriously
35 years of experience will be shared with you
You want to do better than this ….
Did you know that the number of structural failures due to fatigue is by far larger than due to static overload?
Managing and preventing problems due to metal fatigue must be considered as a key capability of a structural engineer.
You want to avoid your structure to collapse. Safe operation of your structure is important to you.
Do you recognize this?
- A part of my structure is broken, but I see no signs of overload.
- I know my static loads, but I have no clue what loads are causing fatigue.
- I am using stronger materials, but I still get fatigue failures. Why?
- I thought my static stress analysis would cover fatigue, but it didn’t.
- I found some small cracks in a component. Is that dangerous?
What you want to know is
- What exactly is fatigue
- What loads are causing fatigue
- How can I control fatigue
- How can I improve my design
- Which factors are good and bad for fatigue
- What is the fatigue life of my structure
Start getting that knowledge – Join the Fatec Academy
The Fatec Academy is an online platform for members offering:
> an extensive fatigue course giving all the answers to what you must know about fatigue
> access to a fatigue data database
> a tech archive with background articles
One online platform with all these options makes the Fatec Academy unique.
Have a look the video tour and learn more about the Fatec Academy Premium.
What do others say about our fatigue courses
Classroom course Fatigue & Damage Tolerance for Aerospace Engineers
A great course to understand deeply how fatigue and crack growth processes work and with procedures to face on the analysis in the reality. Ignacio Mato, Premium Aerotec
The course is good both as an introduction to a F&DT engineer (though challenging) and as a source of a basic knowledge for a practising engineer. Valery Shafikov, Assystem
Great course! Really useful and complete! Javier Gutierrez Alvarez, Bishop GmbH
Very useful course for design engineers to support the knowledge of fatigue behaviour of aerospace structures and design features. Helpful to support you in the function with signature delegation. Tobias Modl, Premium Aerotec
A very complete training combining strong theoretical background with the teacher’s practical experience. But perhaps the most important point is that this course forces students to think by themselves and keep a critical mind as to what they can find in the literature. Nicolas Goots, SABCA
This course contains vital information for every stress engineer working in aerospace. Almost all topics related to fatigue and damage tolerance are discussed with sufficient detail. Taking this course will have a significant benifit to my job. ir. Christophe Ceusters, SABCA
I have a background in aerospace engineering and has specialized myself in fatigue and damage tolerance. After my graduation at Delft University of Technology (faculty of Aerospace Engineering) I started working at Fokker Aircraft as Fatigue & Damage Tolerance specialist.
In 1996 Is started my own firm: Fatec Engineering and work in this firm since then. During that period, I was also active as researcher and assistant professor at Delft University of Technology (faculty of Aerospace Engineering).
My professional life is dedicated to managing fatigue related problems. I am doing that by
▶ giving consultancy
▶ developing tools & methods for fatigue life prediction
▶ giving training on Fatigue & Damage Tolerance
For me it is important to approach this field from both theoretical (why) and practical (how) side.
Frequently Asked Questions
An online platform has many benefits, like:
- Worldwide access, all you need is an internet connection.
- All information and content directly available.
- Lower costs, no travelling expenses.
- Increased productivity, you decide when to work.
The Fatec Academy is a must for novice and experienced stress engineers, structural designers, test engineers, maintenance engineers and engineering managers. But also engineering students interested in this topic will benefit.
All content is available in English.
The online course includes the following modules:
- Fatigue Mechanism
- Effects of Materials, Mean Stress, Size & Type of Loading
- Effect of Notches (Stress Concentrations, Fatigue Properties of Structures)
- Fatigue Prediction using Nominal Stresses
- Fatigue Prediction using Local Stresses
- Design against Fatigue
- Fatigue of Welded Joints
- Load Spectra & Cycle Counting
- Damage Accumulation
- Effect of Residual Stresses & Surface Conditions
- Fatigue of Bolted Joints
The FA Premium gives you access to even more modules:
- Effect of Environment
- Introduction to Macro Crack Growth
- Crack Growth & Residual Strength
- Crack Growth & Residual Strength Analysis
- Scatter & Reliability
- Fatigue & Damage Tolerance Evaluation
- Multi Axial Fatigue
From time to time articles will be added to the Fatec Academy blog. In those articles, subjects like analysis and testing will be covered, and some case histories will be discussed.
This is a searchable database with fatigue data for a large number of materials, such as steel, aluminium, magnesium, titanium, nickel, copper and zinc alloys.
Add your order to your shopping cart and continue with the checkout procedure.
Note: only 1 person per registration is allowed. If you want access to the Fatec Academy for large groups, please contact us to discuss the options.
You can start as soon as you have registered and received the login data. To login click on My Account in the main menu and enter your login data. After you have logged in, click on Memberships and there you go!
If you’re unhappy with your purchase, no worries – we offer a 14-day money-back guarantee.