Johannes Homan (Owner / Fatigue Expert)
Fatec Engineering is a Dutch company, established in 1996 by Johannes Homan. Fatec Engineering provides advice, support and training in the field of structural integrity, especially fatigue. The clients of Fatec Engineering can be found in aerospace, rail and road transport, off-shore, maritime, defense, infrastructural industry, mechanical engineering, and many more.
I have a background in aerospace engineering and has specialized myself in fatigue and damage tolerance. After my graduation at Delft University of Technology (faculty of Aerospace Engineering) I started working at Fokker Aircraft as Fatigue & Damage Tolerance specialist.
For me it is important to approach fatigue from both theoretical (why) and practical (how) side.
After the bankruptcy of Fokker Aircraft in 1996 I started my own firm: Fatec Engineering. Since then I work in my firm. During that period, I was also active as researcher and assistant professor at Delft University of Technology (faculty of Aerospace Engineering) and as researcher at GTM Advanced Structures.
My former colleagues from Fokker Aircraft still form a large network. And even after 25 years, this network provides me with interesting projects.
- Jongebreur, A.A., West, J., Homan, J.J., Veggel, L.H. van, Structural Aspects of ARALL 3 wing structures compared with ARALL 2 wing structures, Conference Proceedings Fat. of Aircr. Mat., 1992.
- Homan, J.J., Jongebreur, A.A., Calculation method for predicting the fatigue life of riveted joints, ICAF proceedings 1993.
- Homan, J.J. Procedure for Estimating the Fatigue Life in Mechanically Fastened Joints in Glare, ICAF proceedings 2001.
- Alderliesten, R.C., Homan, J.J., et.al., Fatigue and Damage Tolerance of Glare, Applied Composite Materials, Vol. 10, pp. 223-242, 2003.
- Alderliesten, R.C., Homan, J.J., Fatigue Crack Growth Behaviour of Surface Cracks in Glare, Conference Proceedings Fatigue Damage of Materials (Advances in Damage Mechanics Vol. 5), 2003.
- Homan, J.J., Fatigue Initiation in Fibre Metal Laminates, Int. J. of Fatigue, Vol. 28, pp. 366-374, 2006.
- Alderliesten, R.C., Homan, J.J., Fatigue & Damage Tolerance Issues of Glare in Aircraft Structures, Int. J. of Fatigue, Vol. 28, pp. 1116-1123, 2006.
- Lemmen, H.J.K., Alderliesten, R.C., Homan, J.J., Benedictus, R. , The influence of residual stresses in friction stir welded joints on the fatigue crack growth properties, Computational & Experimental Analysis of Damage Materials pp. 127-144, 2007.
- Rijck, J.J.M. de, Homan, J.J., Schijve, J., Benedictus, R., The driven rivet head dimensions as an indication of the fatigue performance of aircraft lap joints, Int. J. of Fatigue, Vol. 29, pp. 2208-2218, 2007.
- Pellenkoft, F., Homan, J.J., Experimental and analytical investigations on the crack initiation and crack propagation behaviour of mechanically fastened FML joints, Conference Proceedings, DTAS, 2007.
- Articles in Fokker Technical Handbook TH3.
- Articles in “Handbuch Struktur Berechnung” (see Memberships)
Guidelines for Fatigue Life Analysis, 2017, ISBN 978-161-627-239-5.
Fatec Engineering is a member of the German IASB. This organization is responsible for the HSB (Handbuch Struktur Berechnung), a structural handbook, which is part of the Luftfahrt-Technische Handbücher.